The FICP or National Register of Incidents of Repayment of Credits to Individuals is a file filled in by banks and credit institutions and managed by the Banque de France. It records and understands as information the incidents of repayment of loans and the overdrafts of individuals …
As well as registrations for an over-indebtedness procedure. The purpose of the FICP is to protect the consumer against the risks of over-indebtedness related to the underwriting of loans. It allows lending institutions to guard against the risk of insolvency of their clients.
More on the FICP
The FICP records any incidents of repayment of loans (and overdrafts) of individuals, as well as measures taken in the course of the over-indebtedness procedures. You can access your information by going to a branch of the Banque de France or by sending him a letter with a photocopy of your identity document.
The FICP allows banks and credit organizations to appreciate:
- the solvency of a loan applicant
- the risk management of loans that have been subscribed
- the possibility of granting you certain means of payment
You can be registered at the FICP:
- If you have not paid back 2 consecutive monthly installments of your loan, or if the amount of your due has been unpaid for more than 60 days.
- In case of default of repayment of an amount at least equal to 500 euros and being due for more than 60 days.
- In case you are sued because of a failure to pay a credit.
- In case of filing of overindebtedness
When an incident is found, the credit institution must warn you that it will be declared to the Bank of France after a period of 30 days. During this time, it is entirely possible for you to regularize or dispute the incident. A FICP registration can last from 5 to 8 years.
The word of the broker
In order to regularize a repayment incident, you can repay the amounts due to your creditors. The organization that reported the incident will then have to inform the Banque de France that the incident has been regularized. In the event that this incident is the sole reason for your FICP registration, your registration will be removed.